Bike Trip - Karnataka & South Maharashtra



Explore the Subtle - Motorbike Trip
Motorbike Trip - Karnataka & Maharashtra

It was one of my dream to drive around in India in a motorbike. I did not want to drive just for the heck of driving through the roads, but to explore the intricate culture and diversity of places. It include place, food, religious practices and people itself. It always fascinates me as to how things change every 100kms and there is a stark difference in the cultural and geographical topography of India.

To start with, I and my friend decided to bike across the southern, northern Karnataka, Goa and southern Maharashtra. We were very different in our thinking. I was more interested in driving through the cultural and religious places, whereas my friend was interested in driving through the forests and thick vegetation. So we planned our trip to give a balance so that we both could enjoy.

Our trip included 21 days of biking :
Coimbatore - Mysore
Mysore - chikmaglur
Chikmaglur - Horanadu
Horanadu - Aghumbe ( via Kudramukh national park, Sringeri) 
Aghumbe - Jog Falls (via Sringeri, sirumane falls )
Jog Falls - Gokarna (via Bhanavasi, sirsi, Yana)
Gokarna - Goa
Goa - Malvan
Malvan - Kolhapur
Kolhapur - Mahabaleshwar
Mahabaleshwar - Sholapur (via Pandarpur)
Sholapur - Hampi 
Hampi - Bangalore
Bangalore - Coimbatore

Route Map - coimbatore to Goa
Route Map : Coimbatore to Goa


Route Map - Goa to Coimbatore
Route Map : Goa to Coimbatore

In the subsequent blog posts, I would like to express our journey as I experienced it. This was one of my first trip and I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of experience. As mentioned, my idea was not to just drive, but to truly experience each place with the limited time that was available to us. 

We stay at the Isha Yoga Center, Coimbatore. My spiritual journey leads me  to explore and experience places thereby helping me to learn various dimensions of life through which I can walk through this life unscathed. In this effort, this travel has been an life changing experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Siliguri to Darjeeling

Prelude

Velliangiri Trek - Kaleidascope view